CONTENT OF THIS GUIDE:
Welcome – about me and my approach.
1. Just When I Thought We Had Some Sort of a Routine….!
Returning to work: A time of change.
2. Recognising and Processing Emotions in Relation to a Return to Work.
Choice and Control: Feeling Like You Have No Choice.
Choice and Control: Feeling Guilty For Your Choices.
Grounding Techniques to Calm Your Mind and Body When You Face Difficult Emotions in
Relation to a Return to Work.
The Power of Self-Compassion.
Dr. Nelf’s Three Key Features of Self-Compassion.
3. Practical Decisions Relating to Work and Childcare.
Options regarding Parental Leave.
Flexible Working Options.
.Alternatives to Returning To Work.
Keeping in Touch Days.
4. Your Childcare Options.
Nanny / Nanny Share.
Relatives or Friends.
5. Return to Work and Feeding Your Baby.
Employer’s Policies to support breastfeeding.
Advice That Supports Effective Expressing of Breastmilk.
Exclusively Formula-Fed Infants.
Milk and Solids.
6. Maintaining a Sleep Routine when you Return to Work.
7. Connection, separation anxiety.
Strategies to manage the Transition.
The Steps to Prepare and Manage the Transition – Separation Anxiety.
First Day at Childcare.
Letter to the childcarer.